Thursday, March 26, 2015

Bad boy Jesse Ryder courts trouble again; fined for dissent in domestic game


Bad boy Jesse Ryder courts trouble again; fined for dissent in domestic game






  • Jesse-Ryder (File photo) Jesse Ryder (File photo) Getty Images



Troubled New Zealand cricketer Jesse Ryder, once touted as the Black Caps’ likely World Cup match-winner, is once again in hot water.


The talented but polarising 30-year-old has been suspended from the final round of New Zealand’s domestic competition after admitting a charge of ‘serious dissent’ while playing for Otago against Northern Districts last weekend. Media reports said Ryder unleashed a torrent of abuse after being caught behind and it was believed there was ‘damage’ to a changing room following his tirade.


“Ryder did not dispute a charge of serious dissent, including the use of offensive language,” New Zealand cricket said in a statement following a disciplinary hearing on Thursday. “He was subsequently suspended, subject to appeal, from playing in the 10th round of the Plunket Shield,” it added. Ryder, often a match-winner for New Zealand on the field has had numerous off-field issues involving alcohol.


Cricket World Cup 2015 Semifinal New Zealand v/s South Africa: NZ win cliffhanger with 1 ball left, make final


He has not played for the Black Caps since February last year when he went on a late-night drinking session in Auckland before the start of a Test series against India. When New Zealand’s batting stocks looked to be in trouble four months out from the World Cup, Ryder was handed a lifeline when selectors included him in the New Zealand A squad to tour the United Arab Emirates.







via NorthEast Calling http://ift.tt/1HKxEOn

No comments:

Post a Comment