Delhi court to hear closure report against Jagdish Tytler in 1984 Anti-Sikh riots
New Delhi: A Delhi court is likely to hear on Friday CBI’s closure report in a case against senior Congress leader Jagdish Tytler in connection with the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Saurabh Pratap Singh Laler had issued notice to complainant and victim, Lakhvinder Kaur, whose husband Badal Singh was killed during the riots, to respond to the closure report on Friday.
The filing of the closure report by CBI was protested by the victim’s counsel, who asked why was this done “secretly”.
A Delhi court is likely to hear on Friday CBI’s closure report in a case against senior Congress leader Jagdish Tytler in connection with the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
The court had earlier said “perusal of record revealed that the cancellation report was also filed earlier as regards accused Jagdish Tytler”.
This was the t hird time that Tytler was given a clean chit in the case by the investigating agency.
CBI said it has conducted further probe in the case, as directed by a sessions court, and filed a closure report in the matter. In April 2013, CBI was directed by a sessions court to further investigate the case as it set aside its earlier closure report.
Senior advocate H S Phoolka, representing the riot victims, has expressed displeasure over the CBI’s move of filing the closure report.
via NorthEast Calling http://ift.tt/1Neikx2
No comments:
Post a Comment